When Namaj woke up the sun was beginning to rise. The golden rays danced through the branches of the oak and pine trees. She yawned, and stretched.
"How are you holding up?" she asked Rafael, not fully awake yet.
"Good, the scent it getting a little cold though."
"Hey, did you know his favorite color is yellow?! That is SO close to orange!" Biannca chirped. She'd been hoping that Biannca was still asleep.
"Yep, I know my dragon's favorite color," Namaj droned.
"That makes sense. Hey, what if we played-"
"The quiet game?" Namaj interrupted.
"Is it your favorite?"
"Yes," Namaj agreed.
"Okay!" Biannca piped.
What a relief.
Namaj looked ahead into the forest. The bright green leaves reflected the sunlight,shining. Morning air filled her lungs, relaxing her. Soon, they would find those goblins.
"Hey!!! You big, blundering beast!!! Got off my tomatoes!!!" someone shouted, in a shrill mans voice. Namaj looked over to see a green-haired elf emerge from the trees.
"What?" Rafael asked, looking at his talons. Red mush was splattered all over them, "Um, sorry." Rafael shuffled to the side.
"My Petunias!!!" the elf cried.
"Sorry..." Rafael said again as he backed up from the flower patch.
"Stop!!! My watermelons!!!!!" the elf screamed, even louder then before. Rafael stopped moving.
"Where are there NOT plants!?" Namaj asked, a little annoyed.
"Just make your dumb beast fly!! I don't plant things in the SKY. Where that creature BELONGS." the elf shouted.
Rafael. Was. not. Dumb.
"He is HURT you insensitive elf!!!" Namaj yelled.
"Could you all stop yelling?!" Biannca asked impatiently.
"I agree." Rafael added. Namaj took a deep breath.
"Fine... where do you not have things planted?" She asked the elf through clenched teeth.
"Well, just retrace your steps. Everything in the places you've been is already dead."
"Alright." Rafael said sheepishly. He looked down and slowly picked his way back through the garden.
After many missteps the elf asked,"Are you sure he can't fly?"
"We were shot down less then a day ago. I not even going to risk trying."
"Ah, so that is why you are here. Is there anyone else with you? Perhaps someone older?" the elf asked.
"No, just us." Namaj stated, in an 'I am done talking' tone. The elf, sadly, didn't catch on.
"So, there are no adults with you?"
"I'm nineteen." Namaj said.
"So, barely one. And your half elf, correct?" he asked.
"Yah, so what?" she responded.
"That makes you sixteen in elven, then."
"He's right about that." Rafael added. Namaj rolled her eyes.
"Alright, you're out of my garden." the elf announced. Rafael relaxed and shook his wings.
"Now! To the goblins!!!" Biannca cheered.
"The, what?!" the elf asked.
"Nothing, let's go Rafael." Namaj demanded.
"Um, where? His garden is everywhere." Rafael asked.
"I can show you," the elf offered, "If you say please." Namaj cringed, who did he think he was?
"Please guide us!!" Biannca chirped. The elf sighed.
"This way." He gestured. Rafael tuned and followed the elf. Namaj thought that the plants he led them through looked just like his garden's plants.
"My name is Finnor. May I ask what yours are?" the elf asked after a few minutes of silence.
"I'm Biannca!!" Biannca piped.
"I am Rafael, and the loud half -elf is Namaj."
"Hey!" Namaj yelled.
"What did I tell you?" Rafael grinned. Biannca laughed. Namaj crossed her arms. This wasn't funny.
As the laughing slowly stopped, they continued on. Namaj glanced at Finnor. Her was wearing a worn tan tunic and pants with, muddied knees. His pants had a lot of pockets. His boots looked like tough leather, and they were coated in mud. He also had leather gloves in the same state as his boots.
His hair was, well, totally an amateur cut. It looked very choppy and stuck up in some places. It was the bright green of leaves in summer.
Namaj glared up at the ever-thickening canopy for the rest of the way.
"And here, is the end of my garden," Finnor announced. Namaj looked forward. They were in a grassy clearing, most of it taken up by a wildflower covered, wooden house.
"Do you live here?" Biannca asked.
"Yah." Finnor sighed.
"It's very beautiful." Biannca complimented. Namaj didn't agree.
"Thank you. And, sorry for being short with you." Finnor said. Namaj felt like groaning. This was all taking way to long.
"It's fine. But we need to be leaving." Namaj rushed.
"We have GOBLINS to kill!! And REVENGE to take!!" Biannca cheered. Finnor frowned.
"Umm, is she playing around?" he asked, concerned. Namaj rolled her eyes.
"I said we need to leave. Come on, Rafael."
"Namaj, I kinda lost the trail." Rafael confessed.
"What!?!"
https://www.wattpad.com/story/229276410-the-dragonrider-apprentice
No comments:
Post a Comment